I didn’t always love football. No, that isn’t true. I’ve always loved the power that surrounds football and football season, but I didn’t always have love for the actual game. The reason? I didn’t understand it, and no one was patient enough to instruct me. Finally, I met my husband, and he achieved it right. I’m now dragging him out of the house to view football. Let’s get your girlfriend to the Red Zone with these 10 ideas to get your girlfriend to watch football.
1) Let her know you actually want her to Streaming view it with you. This can be a most basic, but most important tip.
2) Show patience with her. If she repeatedly asks you questions about certain plays, or what some specific jargon means, explain it to her. It takes merely a minute (not a football game sort of minute), and she’s one step nearer to understanding the game.
3) Even if it’s simply for a moment, focus on her during the game. Okay, during commercials. Okay, during commercials if said commercials aren’t during the Super Bowl.
4) Include her when you’re giving your buds a high five, but only give it 50% of one’s strength. Everyone likes a high five. Some of us just prefer one without the macho whelps and blisters.
5) Get her a sexy jersey to wear for your favorite sports team. You’ll definitely want her around when she’s wearing it.
6) If she really wants to wear a pink jersey, let her.
7) This is something I’ve discovered, and maybe it’s sneaky, but you guys are always twisting or squeezing something during sports. (Hopefully not you-know-what – you aren’t five years old.) Instead of gripping to the remote for dear life, put your hand on her behalf shoulder or her leg. She may as well get yourself a free massage while she can, whether you understand you’re carrying it out or not.
8) Have you heard of NFL Survivor? It is the NFL game with the simplest concept and a ridiculous sum of money to be won. Ready? At the start of the growing season, pick one team to win each week. You must put in your decision for the week by Thursday. It is possible to never pick that team again. Once you have chosen a team that loses, you’re out. If you let her get in with this, not only will she be rooting for teams she never would’ve before, so will you.
9) If she can’t keep her eyes off Jordan Cameron or JJ Watt, don’t hold it against her. You have smokin’ cheerleaders to check out, and doesn’t she deserve just a little eye candy too?
10) If everything else fails, and she’s really just a bummer to have around during football games, don’t force her to be there. Give her some cash and tell her to go shopping. You’ve got a game to view.